Armor is a global cloud security company based in Dallas, USA.
It safely stores and protects the cloud-based and on-premise IT data of 1,200 companies across 42 countries, including the UK, ranging from financial technology firms to healthcare, retail and third sector organisations.
Armor’s Threat Resistance Unit (TRU) also produces an annual Black Market Report, which details new and emerging threats, based on research data collected and analysed from a number of English and Russian dark markets and forums.
Armor has a strong profile in the USA but had not carried out any PR activity in the UK, despite having a sizeable roster of clients here.
It asked The Right Agency to provide media relations services to drive national and specialist media interest in the 2019 Black Market Report and establish Armor as a force to be reckoned with in the UK’s data security and cyber threats arena.
What we did:
The Right Agency created a media relations campaign to launch the Armor 2019 Black Market Report in the UK. This included:
- Researching existing coverage of cybercrime in the UK v the US and pinpointing the report’s most pertinent and newsworthy content for the UK audience
- Producing press materials which would both attract the attention of specialist publications with greater understanding of dark markets, and capture the imagination of mainstream news outlets
- Creating a targeted media database incorporating key vertical market sectors and national business news titles
- Conducting embargoed press briefings to secure interest in advance of the report’s official press launch
- Arranging interviews with key Armor spokespeople to provide wider commentary on the report’s findings
The Right Agency’s highly focused media campaign secured coverage across a wide range of sectors with a combined circulation totalling almost 109 million.
The Armor 2019 Black Market Report gained coverage in key national titles including Forbes and The Daily Telegraph (print and online), as well as leading vertical sector titles such as IT Pro and BankInfoSecurity.
On the back of the report activity a number of further brand building opportunities were secured including the placement of a UK cybersecurity solution case study in IntelligentCiso, an interview with Armor personnel for Silicon Republic and authored articles in fraud intelligence titles, all of which helped to establish Armor as an informed voice on cybercrime and security among key UK based publications.